02 March 2024

Waiting on God: Chapter 5

The morning sun streamed through my windows, bathing everything in a warm glow. I savored my cup of tea, letting the heat seep into my hands. A sense of peace filled me.


It had been a year now since my miraculous healing. God had seen fit to restore my health, and every day was a gift. The cancer was gone, but the lessons learned in that trial remained etched into my soul. 


I no longer faced life in my own faltering strength. Instead, I relied fully on God’s spirit living within in me. My trials had taught me that though my heart and flesh may fail, He is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.


Hard times still came, but now I weathered the storms with an unshakable trust in God’s purpose and sufficiency. Challenges were opportunities to rest in Him more fully, to fix my eyes on eternal things rather than temporary circumstances.


God had used my suffering to produce perseverance, character and hope within me. The waiting had refined and prepared me for an even deeper walk with Him. I now knew the truth that His strength was made perfect in weakness.


Leaning into God’s strength freed me to serve others undergoing trials. I could empathize with their pain and point them back to the God who sustained me. Sharing my story gave testimony to His faithfulness in the fire. 


As I drank my tea that morning, my heart overflowed with gratitude. I had learned that God’s timing is flawless, even when I can’t yet grasp it. His plans will always be wiser and better than my own. And His peace and joy are there for the taking when I fix my mind fully on Him.


My healing was just the beginning. God had so much more in store. Whatever came next, I rested in the promise that He who began a good work in me would be faithful to complete it. My times were fully in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment