02 March 2024

Waiting on God: Chapter 4

I sat in the doctor's office, fidgeting with nervous energy. It had been months now since my cancer diagnosis, and today I would find out if the treatments and prayers had made any difference. 


As I waited for the doctor, I reflected on the journey of my soul over these past months. Though my physical condition had worsened for a time, my spirit had been renewed by trusting God even in that dark valley. I had come to understand that His strength was made perfect in my weaknesses.


The door opened, and my doctor walked in with a file in his hands. I held my breath. Was this the final chapter of my story?


"I have good news," he said finally. "Your latest scans are clear. There's no evidence of cancer in your body."


I stared at him, not fully comprehending. "Are you saying...I'm healed?" Tears sprang to my eyes.


He nodded, smiling. "Medically, I can't explain it. But, yes, you are cancer free."


The breath rushed from my lungs in praise to God. All this time when circumstances looked so hopeless, He had been working miracles beyond what I could see. Just as He'd promised, when my strength gave out His took over. My healing had come on His perfect timetable, not mine. 


I walked from the doctor's office in awe of God's goodness. I thought back to that difficult season of waiting, when each day felt like an eternity. Now I could see that God had been there all along the way, using that trial to refine me and draw me closer to Himself. 


This healing was not the end of my story, but a new beginning. I emerged with a more robust faith, a trust in God's faithfulness that no circumstance could shake. My soul had found new strength through those months of weeping and waiting. I was changed, ready to live the rest of my life in grateful worship of the One who had never failed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment