12 November 2015

As it is

Not sure if I should have waited so long to get my foot looked at considering how it felt after I had slipped on the stairs and how my right foot had gotten caught. It had seemed to have held the weight of my body which had felt to transfer all to that one toe. It had been shortly after getting off work and had a few minutes after getting home decided to get my laundry from the dryer. Hindsight suggests that I could have worn my indoor shoes to prevent the slip.

Upon review of the x-rays, the doc had said that the part of the big toe on my right foot was fractured and that I should have minimal use of walking until it is healed and that I should have it looked at in 7 to 10 days to see whether surgery is necessary or not. 6 to 10 weeks was his time frame for healing if no surgery is needed. When I go into the VA clinic on the 25th of this month, it have been 10 days and then they will be able to look at it. I was going to be going in initially to get a initial check up to get primary care established but this will be part of what I go in for as well.

Pretty glad that I went in to get my foot checked out. Definitely helps to know what is going on with it that thereis a process for taking care of it. Just don't know if I will have a job when the whole thing is said and done. Though I am pretty sure that I will be qualified for unemployment if I am jobless after this.

In the meantime, I will rest and elevate my foot to let it heal. The bridge will be crossed when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment